Coopers Community

IBU Calculator / Equation

Ollie

Hi All,

I was hoping you guys can give me some info on how to calculate the IBU's of my beers.

I have seen time and time again on here you all talking about it and I have decided it is time I learnt just how to calculate the IBU for myself. It seems the next logical step in my brewing journey and knowledge! [bandit]

I did a quick google search and all I came up with are sites that use imperial measurement and I have no idea about the conversions for that. And mathematics is totally lost on me which does not help!

So does someone here have a formula I can use for this and or a link to an online calculator that will work in metric units for my simple young mind [biggrin]

I suppose I would also like some direction on where I could learn up on it a little too so I understand all how it works... So feel free to drop any info on the hows and whys of IBU's here because I will really appreciate it!

Thanks in advanced fellas!

Ollie

+1 for Ian's Spreadsheet

+1 for John Palmer's book, "How to Brew" (online version http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html )

However Palmer's book is in Imperial measurements and the OP says he cannot convert to metric.[pinched].

Tip; Google has an inbuilt calculator that does the conversions for you!

eg: in the search box type "2 oz in grams" the answer appears instantly

Archived