Coopers Community

Replacement tap for DIY kit

DavidP17

Hey was just cleaning my tap from my DIY kit (the type without the thread) and managed to snap the clip that attatches on the FV, iv been looking on the net and am having trouble finding a replacement was just wondering if anyone had any ideas where i could get a replacement?

thanks

Perhaps selling replacement taps for them may be something that coopers need to look into, as the pull apart taps on the DIY FV's seems to be a weak point.

The tap on my DIY FV started to leak after many batches and pulling it apart to clean it. The seals appear to wear over time due to pulling the tap apart. I have a couple of mates that have bought the same FV and had the same problem. Even the LHBS has had many people come in and buy replacement FV's as the tap has leaked.

I was fortunate enough to have a family member donate a FV they are not using so I could continue brewing.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I do agree that Coopers really need some basic parts to be made available and in particular for the tap. I have heard of quite a few leaky taps now. It is also an issue that really should be followed up with Coopers QA processes.

Nevertheless, if you have only broken that clip, I am sure it will still sit in there pretty well. It takes a fair bit to get it out sometimes.

Vote 1 for taps to be marketed for replacement issues. Not only this but sooner or later the seals are going to wear. Does this then mean you need to fork out anouther $84 for a full kit just to replace the seals?......

This is also something i want to see fixed. I love the ease of cleaning a coopers fermenter but if i have to buy an entire starter kit each time the tap wears out, it will be good bye to coopers for me and hello bunnings fermenters! I will also tell anyone i know who expresses an interest in Home Brewing to go for the bunnings option for that very reason. So come on Coopers get those spare taps happening!

This is really quite poor marketing from Coops, I have 1 old style coops 30lt FV, ($2 replacement taps) 1 brewcraft 30lt FV ($2 replacement taps) and one 25lt bunnings ($2 replacement taps)used to rack Bulk prime, though Ive looked at with lust the new DIY FV's I certainly wont be forking out almost $90 for one.

Cmon Coops get ya sh_t together!![rightful]

Another vote for replacement taps - I'm only on my 5th brew (bought the kit in April) and my tap is leaking. Is there a 12 month warranty on the fermenter? If so I'd consider getting it replaced.

Surely I'd be entitled to a replacement fermenter using the newly introduced statutory warranty laws.

I think what we are talking about here is not really some leaky taps but more the fact that you are not able to purchase another if needed. Coopers have not released them to the market. Therefore, at the moment if you need to replace the tap or a part of it then you need to buy another full DIY kit.

I'm with others here. i.e. if my tap is stuffed and I can not fix/replace it without having to buy another kit then I just won't do it and will end up visiting Bunnings. To tell you the truth, I reckon if this is not addressed then it will be the downfall of the DIY FV.

yeah and in a few years/months people will be trying to sell them on... not to my brewery unless the situation is rectified[rightful]

worst comes to worst If I had this situation I would get some food grade silicone and try and fix the leaky tap, not a permanent solution but may keep your brewwery alive while someone somewhere extracts digit from rear hole[lol]

Yob

The clip broke off my tap after 3 brews, I rang coopers customer support and they sent out a new one. I sent the old one back so they could have a look at it. Now I am really carefull with the tap, I make sure when I take it out I pull it straight out and don't wiggle it from side to side, but I think what the main problem is when you attach the bottle filler to the tap. When you are pushing up on the tap you are trying to push the centre part out putting pressure on the clip. So now I hold the top of the tap down so this wont happen, about 20 brews later and still ok. I must aggree there has to be replacement taps and seals made available to buy as there is no way they will last forever.

Cheers,

Terry.

The DIY Beer kit taps are not sold separately. This may change in the future.

If you have an issue with the tap, or any other component in the DIY Beer kit, please contact customer service

customerservice@coopers.com.au or call 1300 654 455 (Aust only)

Archived