Coopers Community

Bottling from top or tap?

Davidt15

Just have my first Pale ready to bottle,doing second FG on sat but first this mroning was raeding 1006 so looks pretty good.

Anyway on my second sample from the tap (just slow trickle) it picked up a few bits of sediment, more than I would xpect, so my question is is it better to bottle from top rather than the bottom tap to prevent this? Cheers David.

I like Coopers Pale Ale [love] A nice drop imo.

I think it is best to bottle from the bottom and don't worry about the sediment, it is even a characteristic of some beers. Provided you bottle correctly if there is sediment then it will only be in the last bottle.

I may be corrected here, but I think it has previously been mentioned on this forum that a sediment reducer is just a piece of plastic[rightful]

I don't use one personally, and have not noticed any difference since I stopped using one

I prefer an airlock as at least you can paint it red and put sparkles on it and use it as a christmas decoration.

I use my airlock to sit under the front of the fermenter to push the sediment to the back of the brew. Then when the sedement is compacted I carefully remove it which still leaves the sediment towards the back of it.

I guess my airlock serves as some sort of sediment reducer [ninja]

Archived