Coopers Community

Centenary Ale

rossm

I did a small job for a customer a couple of days ago and just before the job was complete the man of the house slapped a tall thin Coopers stubby in my mitt, the glass was cold and the lid off so what could a man do? Pretty damn drinkable it was too but he said he had to get it ordered in and it cost $75.00 for the carton. It is nice but I think not that nice!

I'm guessing the Extra Strong Vintage Ale 2012?? $75 is cheap for a carton of that, I don't think the taste of the beer is worth that money, but its the Alcohol % that would cause a huge price. at 7.5%. I didn't mind the beer but I do agree the price is steep cost me 25.99 for a six pack! Dans will have it cheaper when they get it I think but only a buck or two.

Yeah I wasn't sure' date=' just the price was closer to the Strong Ale, and centenary , the once a year thing?[/quote']

I thought centenary meant every 100 years [unsure]

Thats a long time between vintage ales.

I didn't mind the Celebration Ale. It wasn't spectacular but it was still nice.

• 4 weeks later...

I had Celebration Ale on tap at the Steyne Hotel yesterday. It tasted good but was really cloudy, so cloudy that it looked like a stereotypical home brew gone wrong. Is it suppose to be really cloudy or did I just get it through dirty beer lines or something?

My home brews are cloudy, but I don't mind that. [happy]

I tried the Celebration Ale last night & found it surprisingly similar to an Amber Ale I put down a few months ago. The kit they have put together has most of the ingredients I used. [cool]

Might make another one to celebrate!!

Archived