Coopers Community

sterilising crown seal caps.

Damo

Keeping in mind that cleanliness is close to holinness , I have been sterilising my crown seal bottle caps , then rinsing them with hot water before capping.Is this advisable or am I taking paranoia toward infection to a higher level ?

[lol]

Keeping in mind that cleanliness is close to holinness , I have been sterilising my crown seal bottle caps , then rinsing them with hot water before capping.Is this advisable or am I taking paranoia toward infection to a higher level ?

[lol]

What are you sterilising the caps with?

At the brewery, the crown seals are supplied in large cardboard bulk bins. They are tipped straight from the bin, onto a magnetic belt, into the capping carousel and pushed onto the bottles.

Coopers Crown Seals, straight from the pack, don't require sanitising.

[lol]

What are you sterilising the caps with?

sodium percarbonate (coopers sanitiser).

At the brewery, the crown seals are supplied in large cardboard bulk bins. They are tipped straight from the bin, onto a magnetic belt, into the capping carousel and pushed onto the bottles.

Coopers Crown Seals, straight from the pack, don't require sanitising.

Thanks PB2 & yeh I have been using your caps.I'll probably only sanitise from now on if I drop one one the laundry floor.

Damo,

I soak mine in a clorine solution(not too strong) rince them then soak them in hot (not boiling) water, then rince a coulpe of times. As i use them i mark the side with a 1 next time another 1 when I get to 1111 marks I dump them and use new tops. Maybe I'm perdantic![pinched]

Warren

Archived