Coopers Community

Strong Stuff

weggl

I\u2019ve had a request from a group of blokes in the banking industry, (who tasted my Little Creatures Clone and loved it) they want a \u201cBankers Brew\u201d pale and strong, somewhere around 8%.

I was wondering if the L/C could be upgraded to that sort of %? Or if some of you blokes, (and Ann) would have a recipe on hand?

Warren

Just on that topic , I like making (& drinking) the coopers real ale, following the recipe suggestion on the wort can (1kg of brewing sugar , 500g light dry malt, but it seems to be high in alcohol content.I'm still learning about using a hydrometer so were wondering if anyone would know the alcohol % of this brew ?

Hang on... you made a little creatures clone? Man, in scotland that stuff is so expensive, but i love it. How did you make it? I'm guessing an ozzie pale ale kit and some cascade? But i think i remember reading that they dry hop with two different varieties.

What was the recipe?

Just on that topic ' date=' I like making (& drinking) the coopers real ale, following the recipe suggestion on the wort can (1kg of brewing sugar , 500g light dry malt, but it seems to be high in alcohol content.I'm still learning about using a hydrometer so were wondering if anyone would know the alcohol % of this brew ?[/quote']

Actually it is just Off Topic nevertheless, you would be getting about 6.2% + .5% if bottled = 6.7% at 23L (7.2% at 21L)

Use the following formula to be more accurate:

OG - FG / 7.46

if bottling then + .5

Hang on... you made a little creatures clone? Man, in scotland that stuff is so expensive, but i love it. How did you make it? I'm guessing an ozzie pale ale kit and some cascade? But i think i remember reading that they dry hop with two different varieties.

What was the recipe?

I am guessing it was an AG recipe??????

A basic LCPA style beer can be made with the following:

1.7kg Coopers Pale Ale

1kg Dry Light Malt or 1kg Dry Wheat Malt

250g Dextrose

15g Cascade steeped for 15 min & then 15g Cascade dry hopped @ 72hrs

Yeast: US05

Some people also use chinook along with the cascade but I haven't tried that...I also believe galaxy may be part of the LCPA reportoire these days (unless I'm confused).

Craig,

I,m not a Little Creatures fan, but I made this for my son inlaw, both him and his father are Little Creature lovers. They both said it was L/C to a tee

LITTLE CREATURES CLONE

COOPERS PALE ALE TIN

25CASCADE SIMMER 10 MIN,

10 CASCADE DRY 72 HOURS

,10 CHINOOK DRY 72 HOURS

200G DRY WHEAT MALT EXTRACT

750 LDME,

300 DEX

used packed yeast

23 LITERS

I am making another for them right now, this time I used Coopers cultured yeast. But it was fine with the packet yeast.

Warren

Matty, Did you just use Cascade hops? If so how much?Was it dry or boiled.

The reason I am asking is that I have Cascade and dont want a trip to Nth Sydney just for other hops. Also apart from the hops was it as per the recipe?

Warren

Just on that topic ' date=' I like making (& drinking) the coopers real ale, following the recipe suggestion on the wort can (1kg of brewing sugar , 500g light dry malt, but it seems to be high in alcohol content.I'm still learning about using a hydrometer so were wondering if anyone would know the alcohol % of this brew ?[/quote']

Actually it is just Off Topic nevertheless, you would be getting about 6.2% + .5% if bottled = 6.7% at 23L (7.2% at 21L)

Use the following formula to be more accurate:

OG - FG / 7.46

if bottling then + .5

Cheers Bill ,Thought it packed a little punch, & yeh I did try & sneak this one by ,appology's.. & the recipe is on the brewing sugar box not the wort can.[innocent]

I know you're not asking me Weggl but I made the XSVA recipe with 30g of dry hopped cascade and T58 yeast.

It has taken a while for the flavours to meld together but now at the 6 month mark it tastes excellent. I look forward to trying one in another 6 months [love]

Another LCPA recipe I found. Compliments of Acasta on AHB

1.7kg Coopers Pale ale

1kg Light Dry Malt

25g Cascade hops \u2013 Half 5min, 72hour dry drop

25g Willamete hops \u2013 Half 5min, rest Steep

150g Wheat Malt extract - Steep

250 grams Dextrose

US-05 Yeast

Matty, Did you just use Cascade hops? If so how much?Was it dry or boiled.

The reason I am asking is that I have Cascade and dont want a trip to Nth Sydney just for other hops. Also apart from the hops was it as per the recipe?

Warren

I done it as per recipe except for I used cascade instead of Nelson Sauvin. I also used the recaptured yeast and I find that it tasted pretty good, although it is only a couple of weeks old now.

Archived