Coopers Community

new to brewing

swifty

[happy] hello everyone

after the earthquuake over here in christchurch i started getting a bit more self sufficient[happy]

i just started my first brew with the coopers micro brew kit with the coopers lager kit.

everything went well and beer is on fifth day and still bubbling.

only problem was tap leaked through the end no matter how much you turned it[annoyed]

so i put some waterpoof tape on the end and emailed for a new one which has been sent already.

any ideas on my next brew? i like pilsener, ipa and coopers spakling.

glen

christchurch, new zealand

Welcome Glen, good to have another Kiwi on board.

It will be lager/pilsner brewing season down your way soon! If you like IPAs, try the Thomas Coopers IPA. This can has become my 'house beer'. The Authentic IPA recipe in the How to Brew section Paul mentioned is a winner.

All the best with your brewing!

Welcome to the Forums Glen,

If you like the Sparkling Ales, try the one from the How to brew section that Paul (PB2) mentioned. It is a stunner, I have another couple of kits to build my stocks up of it. I seem to drink it before I can get any age on it[annoyed].

Remember to trust your hydrometer. If it doesn't bubble it doesn't mean that it is not fermenting. Check for other signs such as condensation on the lid, foam onto of the brew and most importantly a drop in the gravity reading.

Remember to trust your hydrometer. If it doesn't bubble it doesn't mean that it is not fermenting. Check for other signs such as condensation on the lid' date=' foam onto of the brew and most importantly a drop in the gravity reading.[/quote']

thanks matty

i checked today and thew hydrometer read 1013 so i guess not quite yet...

has been fermenting around 20 to 22 centigrade.

Archived