Coopers Community

Good way to clear sediment??

Matty A

I wouldn't do it to all of your batches. Just the ones you are taking to a BBQ etc. I know I brew specific beers months in ahead depening on if I know that their will be a birthday that is likely to have a BBQ.

I couldn't be bothered replacing all of the caps, espeacially since I want to go to kegging soon [lol]

I think they are a fantastic invention. Perfect for the lighter coloured, clearer beers which aren't necessarily enhanced by sediment. However, I contacted the copmpany inquiring about their use with crown seal bottles and got the following reply

"These will work with any glass screw top beer bottle. They will not work with plastic PET bottles. Glass and plastic have totally different threads."

So i guess this rules them out for those who have predominantly PET's and crowns.

I am still thinking about buying 30 to use for the odd batch lager or MEX Cerv. Although for the same cost I could buy 1 reconditioned keg!

And CAnadian - I have too much chest hair already[alien] !

I skimmed through the video so maybe I'm missing the point...but what is the point? I like cloudy beers and I like clear beers but I don't need a fancy device to give me that. I age all my bottles and don't have much more than a taste test when they are young - If I want a clear beer I take care when pouring and leave the last sip in the bottle. If I want cloudy beer I use the "sparkling ale" method of stirring up the sediment. Job done.

Archived