Coopers Community

Where to buy a bottle rinser/sanitizer online...

DenisM

Does anyone know where I can buy a bottle rinser/sanitizer online? the homebrew supplier where I bought my Coopers microbrew kit sells one but says its not suitable for Coopers Ox-Bar bottles, of which I have 45X50cl bottles, and I will be buying more.

ok google helped me out with the ox-bar thing. I know them as PET bottles (I wish we could get the 500ml bottles here [crying] ).

I always use iodophor and it is suitable for the ox-bar/PET bottles (and all your other brewing stuff). It is a great no-rinse sanitiser and is very easy to use. Am I right in assuming your are in the UK? It may be best for you to do a search of online home brew places over there and see if you can find some.

I bought a bottle rinser from the brew shop. Not a bad device, but the neck of the Coopers PET is too wide for the nozzle - it's useable with PETs but takes too much effort and hence does not save you time. Works a treat with glass longnecks and stubbies though. Don't bother with buying a rinser, I reckon using a squirt bottle would do the same thing. Of course you must wait until the missus has finished the ironing.

Anthony, I have a bottle washer and use the "device" pictured below. It is an old sprite lid with a hole for the bottle washer and a bunch of smaller drilled holes to stop the water spraying everywhere. I just slip it over the top and use it when washing PETs - works perfectly [biggrin]

I used to just use a washer but without the small holes it forms a seal and sprays water.

bottlewasher.jpg

bottlewasher2.jpg

Don't bother with buying a rinser

Totally disagree mate - I reckon everone should buy a bottle rinser as they make things a lot easier [cool]

i think its the only thing that kept me from barrelling all mine. rinse bottle after use. hang upside down and a quick splash of no rinse sanitizer and away you go again...

side note are teh Ox bar bottles good does anyone know. I use glass of various types but like the symmetry of the plastic 500ml ones

agreed... the bottle rinser is a must! there is nothing satisfying "aboot" washing bottles so the quickest and easiest way to do it is a quick rinse with hot water after pouring then before bottling the next batch sanitise with iodophor in a bottle rinser and hang on a bottle tree.[rightful]

i almost gave up brewing because of drudgeries of bottle washing before i got myself the bottle rinser[sad]

agreed...the quickest and easiest way to do it is a quick rinse with hot water after pouring then before bottling the next batch sanitise with iodophor in a bottle rinser and hang on a bottle tree.[rightful]

Hey! What do you know... something we finally agree on 100% [lol]

Great idea with the bottle top Muddy.[cool] I have recently purchased a rinser and was a bit miffed that it didnt rinse the PET's bottles. Tried a washer but it sprayed everywhere. Will keep a bottle top next time and prepare it. Can we download a template to be sure to get the holes in the right spot[biggrin] . Was wondering what you use to sanitise the bottles? I am using copper tun. It is a powder and am using about 5 grams to a litre of warm water. Does that sound right?[unsure] Any advice would be great. Cheers. Roy

I use iodophor to sanitise - it is no rinse. You just mix 1ml per litre and wet everything. It needs 2 minutes of contact time.

I always have a spray bottle of it on hand to spray any surfaces or equipment.

As for my patented PET adapter, I will have a template available for purchase soon. My legal team are just looking at the fine print before we go public. We will also offer pre-made "adapters" for purchase. It looks easy to make but if you get the holes wrong it can be very dangerous...lives may be lost [rightful]

I live in Cork, south of Ireland, Muddy. I assumed I'd get an email to say someone had replied to my post so, just as well I had a look in today. I'll try the sprite bottle top method because I reckon washing and sterilising 45 bottles will be a chore. I'm 6 days away from trying my first ever home brew - the press have been alerted and a commerative statue is being carved as I write......

Sorry to revive a oldish post but i went to get some iodophor today from my local brew shop but he persuaded me to buy copper tun said its basically the same and works better on plastic,can anyone confirm that?? also the instructions on it are a bit vague tells how to mix but doesnt say how long contact needs to made to sanitize, i wanted to use in a spray bottle do i just make up the 1l batch as instructions and just fill spray bottle from that?? how long would it last in spray bottle before not being useable anymore??

one last thing can i just spray into bottles or is it best to make the 1l batch and just fill up a big container with water and dump the mix in or will the quantities be out?? and soak bottles??

thanks for all the help

• 6 years later...
Anthony' date=' I have a bottle washer and use the "device" pictured below. It is an old sprite lid with a hole for the bottle washer and a bunch of smaller drilled holes to stop the water spraying everywhere. I just slip it over the top and use it when washing PETs - works perfectly [biggrin']

I used to just use a washer but without the small holes it forms a seal and sprays water.

bottlewasher.jpg

bottlewasher2.jpg

Don't bother with buying a rinser

Totally disagree mate - I reckon everone should buy a bottle rinser as they make things a lot easier [cool]

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know how muddy adapted the sprite lid? I can't see the pics he originally had posted.

Cheers, Dave.

Archived