Coopers Community

Bulk priming

weggl

Muddy, not only have you converted me to Gladwrap, but now you\u2019ve got me bulk priming. Had to, Big W were out of sugar pills and I had no dex so I used plain old sugar, guess it will be ok. One batch I did I made the sugar water mix up for 21L but when I came to bottle I did not check the volume it turned out 23L, what do ya reckon will it carbonate ok?

Warren

I am assuming it's too late but I would have bulk primed the first 21L and just did the last 2L in their bottles. You would only be just under 3 bottles out and considering this I think it will be fine. Still carbed, just not as much as you would have liked.

it's interesting you guys should mention this now. since hanging around with you guys i have since changed the amount i bulk prime with from 3/4 cup per 23L to 8g per L. it makes a big difference (i think). i also went from 1 week to 2 weeks for the conditioning. it also makes a big difference.

i just tried a bootle of my "Heavy Blonde Honey" after 2 weeks in the bottle with the new priming rate and already makes a better beer.

thanks guys

Archived