Coopers Community

Running out of Steam

Kegory

Just now, Kegory said:

This news probably doesn't effect any of us but Anchor Brewing are restricting their Steam Beer to California.

https://vinepair.com/booze-news/anchor-brewing-ceases-national-distribution/

I couldn't edit or continue writing the post for some reason.

For those that don't know, Anchor Brewing have trademarked "Steam Beer" and, thus, are the only ones that can sell it.

Mountain Goat have a Steam Ale which I quite like. Cooper's DIY have a homebrew Steam Beer recipe. I don't know if anyone here has made it but I intend to give it a try at some point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kegory said:

For those that don't know, Anchor Brewing have trademarked "Steam Beer" and, thus, are the only ones that can sell it.

Mountain Goat have a Steam Ale which I quite like. Cooper's DIY have a homebrew Steam Beer recipe. I don't know if anyone here has made it but I intend to give it a try at some point.

The Mountain Goat is a nice drop

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kegory said:

I don't know where I am half the time, either.

Thanks @Brauhaus Fritz. I'm a long way from there but I'm sure they'll deliver. They have a few interesting FWKs.

Went to their Peakhurst shop today and got myself a 3kg extract can of Australian Old today, came with Lallemand Nottingham Ale Yeast. Never used their products before, so I am curious how it will turn out

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Went to their Peakhurst shop today and got myself a 3kg extract can of Australian Old today, came with Lallemand Nottingham Ale Yeast. Never used their products before, so I am curious how it will turn out

Report back.

That's a massive can.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 1:45 PM, Kegory said:

I've made two brews of it and found it really good. A decent recipe to try, I recommend it

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...