Coopers Community

STEAM CLEANER

I just bought a Hand Held Steam Cleaner for jobs around the house & I am thinking it may have a place in the Brewery, obviously a gentle approach would be best as they get pretty hot. Maybe a short burst of steam in & around a dirty Fermenter wouldn't hurt, has anybody else used them for this.

I am thinking it would be good for giving the glass longnecks a good blast  too.

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/bissell-hand-held-steam-shot-cleaner.html

20220325_130535.jpg

20220325_130737.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it might come in useful mate 👍

I just got myself a small compressor- useful for cleaning the dust of the grain mill. I needed to borrow the neighbour’s to blast out some hop matter in the cooling coil.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

Looks like it might come in useful mate 👍

I just got myself a small compressor- useful for cleaning the dust of the grain mill. I needed to borrow the neighbour’s to blast out some hop matter in the cooling coil.

Yes this one is quite powerful, I did the bathroom, mainly shower recess, the tiles were in good shape but now they are glinting 😎 the other attachments are all great too.

If I was going to do the FV's with them I would have to hold it back a bit but apart from that there are always lot's of things to clean around a brewery, good to aid sanitising.

• Like 3