Coopers Community

Time to bottle after dry hop

I ran into trouble today, came down with Corona, so far so good ,feels like a flu. My question is: Today I wanted to bottle my Sweet Nektar Kolsch, which I dry hopped already 7 days ago, but it still hadn't reached FG before. The recipe says FG 1018, mine is today 1010, maybe the extra honey I added?

As I don't have access due to self isolation, how much longer can I wait to bottle without spoiling the brew? it's in a cooling bag with constant 18C

Thanks guys

Just now, Brauhaus Fritz said:

I ran into trouble today, came down with Corona, so far so good ,feels like a flu. My question is: Today I wanted to bottle my Sweet Nektar Kolsch, which I dry hopped already 7 days ago, but it still hadn't reached FG before. The recipe says FG 1018, mine is today 1010, maybe the extra honey I added?

As I don't have access due to self isolation, how much longer can I wait to bottle without spoiling the brew? it's in a cooling bag with constant 18C

Thanks guys

1.018   and your at 1.010   you well and truely flew past that mate  so i say its done its full ferment

you will be fine until you get out of iso mate    providing it does  get to hot under the cooling jacket

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ozdevil said:

1.018   and your at 1.010   you well and truely flew past that mate  so i say its done its full ferment

you will be fine until you get out of iso mate    providing it does  get to hot under the cooling jacket

I'll quickly will sneak in and change the ice bottles. The honey I used is my mates from north bondi. he had to move the hives cause his little boy got stung (poking the hive with a stick)

The honey he extracted was not really ready as the frames where not sealed yet. so i used 700 grams instead of 500gr. I've done this recipe before as a single batch with some extra of the same honey. It was so nice I had to do it again, and more of it. first  batch had an ABV of 5.7%, didn't have the bag then, fermented at around 22-24 C. I also used Willamette Hops. this time I used NZH-107. ABV should be around 6.4%. It was tasting good yesterday.

Thanks buddy

• Like 2