Coopers Community

yeast code 3424 not listed.

jamiek86

Hello @Coopers DIY Beer Team I just noticed the last can of Golden Crown Lager I got has a yeast labelled 3424? Before it just used to say GCL on it so have updated the packet but not the yeast and product post PB2 made and the GCL isn't even listed on there at all under a product.

There is also another post on here about someone else finding a different code for a MR beer tin not sure If you got back to them or not.

Just another suggestion as you probably know most of us go and purchase specialty yeast when we want to up the gravity of a brew or when more is better for a lager/pilsner brew. To be more user friendly for both the beginner and more experienced brewer alike would it be possible to start putting those 15 gram yeast packs in a tin?

Charge an extra dollar if you must but alot of beginners can't believe when brewing a lager that it's recommended to get more than the 7 gram pack of yeast supplied and making a starter may be to overwhelming. My second batch of 86 days pills was using 2 of the kit yeast brewed on 15 degrees and was absolutely beautiful got better reviews from family than the one with one of saflager S-189.

So can you please look into giving this website an update at some stage and look into bigger yeast packs especially for a lager brew as you have the packs there already and a newbie might not know to purchase more from your website or LHBS before beginning. Or even come online and order the recepie of the month where you include all thats needed.

All this is nothing but a suggestion to try and make things better for us all as I'm a loyal customer who only purchases coopers brew tins and malt.  I would like to see the last Australian owned major brewer to make things easier for new and current customers to keep buying the product and not give the hobby up.

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 1

G'day Jamie. Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. For up to date product information, please refer to the FAQ's on the Coopers DIY site. For example,

6. What strain of yeast is supplied with my brew can? and a couple of other FAQ's are under review at the moment, so you may see subtle changes in the wording soon. If we do make changes to any product specs, they will appear on the DIY site and our we let our brewing Club members know via the EDM.   

All of the Coopers DIY Beer brews will ferment well and produce excellent results when they are brewed to the instructions, using the recommended adjuncts. We encourage brewers to experiment using our kits as a base, once they have gained enough experience and knowledge to branch out on their own. 

We've trialed larger sachets but the size of the sachet is limited by what we can fit under the lid.  When more yeast is required for a given recipe we provide it in the ROTM packs and recommend it in the recipe ingredients list. 

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2021 at 11:30 AM, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

G'day Jamie. Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. For up to date product information, please refer to the FAQ's on the Coopers DIY site. For example,

6. What strain of yeast is supplied with my brew can? and a couple of other FAQ's are under review at the moment, so you may see subtle changes in the wording soon. If we do make changes to any product specs, they will appear on the DIY site and our we let our brewing Club members know via the EDM.   

This link also isn't working like the other I replied to it goes to a 404 at https://us.diybeer.com/au/faqs/#FAQ_4_06

I'm guessing, now I've seen this post, it's because of the FAQ update? Either it's ongoing just now or it got broken in the update. Have tried a coupe of browsers and they both give the 404.

On 8/7/2021 at 11:03 AM, Journeyman said:

This link also isn't working like the other I replied to it goes to a 404 at https://us.diybeer.com/au/faqs/#FAQ_4_06

I'm guessing, now I've seen this post, it's because of the FAQ update? Either it's ongoing just now or it got broken in the update. Have tried a coupe of browsers and they both give the 404.

Where did you find that link Journeyman? The FAQ's on our US site all come under the one URL: https://us.diybeer.com/brewing-info/faqs# whereas the FAQ's on our Australian site each have their own. Fir example the yeast question that we gave in the previous post: https://www.diybeer.com/au/faqs/#FAQ_4_06 

Cheers! 

25 minutes ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

Where did you find that link Journeyman?

I literally just clicked on your link above - about 4 or 5 times actually. 😄 That's where it took me and to a 404 at that.

NOW it goes to the Aussie site - DNS issue maybe? Could it be related to the other issues we've been seeing in the past few weeks? Or maybe the site was off-air while they fixed that issue?

And after trying it a couple of times including 2 different browsers, I cleared cookies for DIY and it still took me there.

Edited by Journeyman

4 hours ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

I'm not an expert in these matters but browser history may have had something to do with it and clearing it may have fixed the bug. 

Nah... was still happening after that. But all good now so whatever it was seems to have been remedied.