Coopers Community

BLUE TONGUE LARGER

weggl

Hey fellas,

I found this recipe for Blue Tongue Larger on the web.

Does anybody have any suggestions, or a better one.

Ingredients:

1 can of Coopers Heritage Lager\u20281Kg brew booster, or make your own, comprising 500 gms(light) DME and 500 gms dextrose .\u202815 grams Hersbrucker hops.\u2028Saf 34/70 lager yeast is ideal, but SAF-23 Lager yeast works well also.

Use a large pot for this. I use a stock pot so I don't make a mess.

Dissolve half brew booster into 3/4 litres water, bring to simmer and add hops and boil slowly for 15 mins, take off flame. Dissolve remaining booster and the can of Coopers heritage Lager into the hot water and add to fermenter and top up to 23 odd litres.\u2028\u2028Rehydrate the SAF yeast and pitch into the fermenter at 20c. Close up the fermenter and keep temperature for primary fermentation at about 20 degrees (primary will take 4 to 5 days).

Rack the brew into a cube or another fermenter (strongly recommend the cube). Place in a fridge or outside in winter and try to keep temperature between 9 to 12 degrees. Should take about 2 weeks?

Also I brewed a Coopers Sparkling Ale Sun 19th Dec racked it on Mon 27th here it is Fri 31 Dec and it is still bubbling. I brewed it at around 21-C and racked it wrapped in a wet towel, brewed with captured Pale Ale yeast, any thoughts?

Weggl

I

bluetongue_larger.jpg

I think, that is what bluetoungue larger (larger bluetongue) looks like! [biggrin]

By the way, bluetongue lager really doesn't have much flavour or body, so I would halve the ingredients used for a normal home brew beer, or double the water for the same effect.

Or you could make the recipe as you have suggested and add soda water to make a shandy, bluetongue style.

Tricky,

If this is what you see through your camera lens, then I must ask the question, was this after you had been drinking you own brew?

If so why not share the recipe?

I may be somewhat confused because the other day I had a Blue Tongue from the tap in a pub and I thought it was excellent. Was I drinking Larger or was it a Draught?

I don\u2019t thing after seeing that photo I should put ant trust in your taste buds.

Warren

with all that bikini clad flesh around I reckon the lizard wouldn't be the only thing that gets larger....the bloke in the purple bandana would probably dwarf them all though!.....

Hey Weggl, it's not that we are taking the mickey out of you, it's just that......well we are taking the mickey out of you! (Lager is beer, Larger is bigger[roll] )

Thanks Paul, yea I made it as pe recommendations, so it looks like it is ready to bottle. I think the reason it is still showing bubbles is because the air lock I use is a pvc tube in a glass of water and there is very little resistance to any presure in the container, unlike other ait locks that hold back presure for quite a while unlil enough builds up to release it.

Warren

Archived