Coopers Community

IPA recipe yeast questions

Hi all

Picked up a few things today at brew shop

1.7 Brew A IPA tin

1kg DME 

Some hops for dry hopping

11g verdant IPA ale yeast

My question is, should I add the kit yeast with the verdant yeast? What difference will that make? I'll add around 300g dex too.

Cheers🍻

Yeah save the kit yeast. Verdant's attributes and what it brings to the beer outweigh anything the kit yeast will bring, it would be like watering down an excellent beer/wine for no other reason than you have extra water, analogy wise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

My opinion.. no. Let verdant do its thing by itself. It's a great yeast and the kit yeast is a bit meh compared to it IMO. How much dry hops you adding?

Thanks mate. Prob around 35g or so? What u think? It's southern passion a south African hop 

1 hour ago, Norris! said:

Yeah save the kit yeast. Verdant's attributes and what it brings to the beer outweigh anything the kit yeast will bring, it would be like watering down an excellent beer/wine for no other reason than you have extra water, analogy wise.

Good analogy thanks Norris

Edited by PintsAtMeLocal

1 hour ago, Norris! said:

Should I store the kit yeast in the fridge? Verdant is in fridge as that's how it was stored at brew shop

Edited by PintsAtMeLocal
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...