Coopers Community

Keg beer

Nagitha

11 hours ago, Nagitha said:

I would like to know once I keg the beer into keg, How long I can keep it in the keg and what temperature  or how to store. 

As long as the keg was clean and sanitised you should be able to keep it in a keg for months.  Pressurise the keg with CO2 to around 12psi.  Mine tend to sit at room temperature for a month or more before I have space in my kegerator.

If you can store them refrigerated they should last even longer.

• Like 1

If I'm storing them for a long length of time at ambient I naturally carbonate. 100gm of white sugar or 100gm dextrose. That way I can be sure all the oxygen is scrubbed out. As @Shamus O'Sean said you can keep them under forced pressure for a while and if you can keep them cold then that's better again

Edited by Greeny1525229549
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

If I'm storing them for a long length of time at ambient I naturally carbonate. 100gm of white sugar or 100gm dextrose. That way I can be sure all the oxygen is scrubbed out. As @Shamus O'Sean said you can keep them under forced pressure for a while and if you can keep them cold then that's better again

I do exactly the same Oh Green One.  After at least two weeks, we only have to get the keg cold and its ready to drink.

• Like 1