Coopers Community

World's Strongest Beer

I came across this, the world's strongest beer 67.5% ABV   $80.00 per bottle.

The world’s strongest beer is Brewmeister´s “Snake Venom“. While regular beer usually have about 5% alcohol content, this Scottish beer has 67.5% alcohol content.
For beer-drinkers looking to poison their livers in the most efficient way possible, the Scottish-based hop-heads at Brewmeister have just unleashed a 67.5% ABV beer called Snake Venom. The beer gets its terrifying bite from smoked peat malt, champagne yeast and 100% Scottish water, along with a unique freezing process during fermentation that takes away much of the water, but will never take its... FREEDOM!!! The brew tastes incredibly powerful by design, since fans of their last insanely potent brew (Armageddon) were disappointed by the palatable flavor and had trouble believing the alcohol content claims, though they stopped short of calling them snake oil salesmen.

I think I will pass. 

0-brewmeister-snake-venom-england-1491469869.jpg

• Like 1

Good lord there a lot of marketing fluff in there. Its actually  not an Eisbock because they add extra ethanol during the freezing process (probably forced to put "Fortified" on it). The current current leader for Eisbock  is strength in numbers  (57.8%) the collab between BrewDog and Schorschbrau:

https://www.brewdog.com/uk/worlds-strongest-beer

If you're interested the craft brew channel has a video on it that includes an interview with one of the brewdog guys:

Edited by NicolasW