Coopers Community

Coopers Brew Box at Big W

DonPolo

1 minute ago, Aussiekraut said:

But it is the forum that rocks 🙂 I like Coopers beer and I used to use Coopers kits in the past, almost exclusively, and I really have a soft spot for the brewery. in fact, when I left Germany, I threw a little party for the guys at work and spent a small fortune getting a couple of cartons of Sparking Ale. I first got a taste of the beer in a pub called the Down Under Bar in Frankfurt, run by an Aussie. I thought it was a pretty suitable beer to serve. 

Even when I restarted my brewing a few years back (let's not talk about my first attempts twenty odd years ago), I stuck with Coopers and then I found this forum. This is the place that taught me pretty much everything I know about brewing and whilst I am no longer brewing kits, I will always have a soft spot for Coopers. When I go to a pub, I will drink a Pale or a sparkling. Why? Because this is a brewery not owned by Asahi, InterBev or who knows what., brewing some great beers. I sincerely hope they can fend off any takeover attempts and do not fall for the temptation of big bucks. 

But it is the forum that rocks 🍻

Mate I totally concur, 150 years plus & still going strong, I have read they have declined massive offers for take overs & I hope & I am sure this will never happen. 

I am sure there wouldn't be too many Aussie's that haven't heard of Coopers. Absolutely awesome, legendary beers.

This is the place to be if you have just started out with a Coopers starter kit or you are an experienced brewer albeit k & k/BIAB/ AG or bottling or kegging - there is an answer for everyone who has a question on any of these topics on this wonderful meeting place.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1