Coopers Community

fermenters

brianc6

i recently brought a 25 litre bmw plastic water drum that looks like one of the fermenters i have atm my question is will this be any good as a fermenter i have 3 atm but they are all in use so looking to put a fourth into action any advice would be appreciated thanks heaps

[lol][cool]

Muddy would drill the lid and buy a grommet to fit the airlock for a nice airtight seal.

Then he would rig up a webcam so he can watch it bubble while he's at work.....[devil]

Nah, just having a laugh, no hole drilling or lid required - just use some cling wrap to cover the top Brian.[biggrin]

Brian if you stick around here you'll soon find that I sit on the non-aficionado side of the fence when it comes to airlocks. They are useless - I'm a cling wrap man all the way. Keep the lid for keeping crap out of the fermentor when you aren't making beer.

Look at the two images below and see if you can come up with a sentence which describes my feelings about airlocks [lol]

airlock.jpg

crocodiler.jpg

wtf is with that ****i joined here to learn what i am doing wrong and ****not be mocked by some smart ass

Whoah, steady on Brian - nobody is mocking you. Have a read and you'll find we all check our bad attitudes in at the door and have a laugh (often at my expense). This is a great resource with great members and I hope you'll rethink your position on any f the previous posts in this thread and find that there was no mocking (Apart from Squishy having a go at himself [lol] )

Stick around Brian and you will find a wealth of good advice from helpful friendly people - sarcasm appears, as does the odd smart ass (never me [biggrin] ) but it is all in good humour.

Brian, there is no mocking going on, I assure you, this group is remarkably well behaved. Plenty of humorous (well OK, open to opinion) banter occurs but plenty of knowledge and experience gets shared.

Relax and enjoy the help (and amusement) you'll find here.

For what it's worth, I still use an airlock. I like 'em.

damn i forgot to ask again has anyone tried brewing any of the international series i want to have a good at the duvel and a chimay blue but arn't experienced when it comes to boiling in hops and such any info there will be appreciated much [innocent]

I plan on putting a Duvel style this weekend but am still putting together a recipe - I did buy the yeast for it today though (WLP570).

I'll be doing something along the lines of Paul's recipes HERE. I think it could do with some hops though. Possibly 20g Saaz steeped and added? I've never used Saaz though so not sure yet. It is a work in progress [biggrin]

the recipe for a duvel iv'e got on hand say it has muntons premium gold yeast,black rock lager can,black rock light liquid malt, glucose, honey and saaz 25g hops not sure if this is correct it's just one of the recipes i have on hand [innocent]

• 4 months later...

Brian,muddy has a thick skin but a very thin skin on his fermenter, he also used undie straps around his fermenter, kinky aye?

Be warned on this site if you spell sumptin wrrong your gonna cop it.

I spellt lager incorectly and coped heaps, was so upset i was gonna take my marbles home. But the boys consoled me by kicking buggery out of me when I wrote "thank Paul" instead of "thanks Paul", it was wonderful the compasion they showed me. Chin up.[rightful]

I must be a novice Muddy, because I don't know how to get that white box with what sombody has said up on my screen. I click on "quote" and i get a white box whith what was said but knowere to write my own stuff. There I told you i was a novice because i am innocent of all this electronic crap! [rightful] [innocent]

Archived