Coopers Community

Beer Temp Falling

Beer82

Beer Temp is falling tonight currently on 21 on its fourth day was on 22 earlier tonight I think it will drop more overnight maybe another 1 or 2 degrees is it worth me turning on my heat belt for a few hours until morning?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beer82 said:

Beer Temp is falling tonight currently on 21 on its fourth day was on 22 earlier tonight I think it will drop more overnight maybe another 1 or 2 degrees is it worth me turning on my heat belt for a few hours until morning?

Fermentation might be slowing down where is it being stored inside outside and your climate conditions I ferment mine at at 19 with temp control then move it up to 22 when it is finishing off.

i assume ale yeast

Edited by BHB19

7 minutes ago, Beer82 said:

Oh and welcome to the forum👍 What are you brewing also 

cheers hox

Yes Ale yeast being stored inside the house in the garage on a bench ambient temp has been around 21 inside today outside has been 17 degress it's now 11 degress outside and will fall to 5 degrees as the sun comes up. The garage is currently 18 -19 degrees ambient temp and I reckon will fall maybe another few degrees ambient in garage tonight before warming up in morning

If it looks like fermentation is slowing down/nearly finished I would try and keep it at 22 for the yeast to clean up otherwise I would be happy with it at 19 if fermentation is still cranking just keep an eye on it.

Me personally I would try and keep it at 22 then and check the final gravity in a few days and again a couple days later and if the same it’s ready to go. Have a read through this forum plenty of info/recipes of varying expertise it’s a good friendly forum compared to some others and hope you enjoy your home brewed beer 🍺