Coopers Community

Tip for the newbies: Just can't believe the difference temperature control makes

Marty_G

Call me delusional but I thought my brew was pretty decent when I was doing Kits and Kilos without temp regulation ...sure the 1st couple weren't the best but I learnt ... I listened to the brains trust ... started using LDM rather than Dex and Brew enhancers ... did a couple with hop additions and tried to manage the temp using damp towels and the the seasons ...  since January I have graduated to temp control and extract recipes with grains, hops and specialty yeasts  ... and the difference is mind boggling ... there is no comparison ...  if you are new to this great hobby get temp control ASAP ... don't do what I did and deliberately wait ... the worst thing is I have had a temp controller since day 1 and did not use it because I did not have a spare fridge because I was too stubborn to buy  one ... I waited till I got one for free and now wish i hadn't waited ...  so newbies as i have learnt ....  get temp control ASAP... 

2 hours ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

Call me delusional but I thought my brew was pretty decent when I was doing Kits and Kilos without temp regulation ...sure the 1st couple weren't the best but I learnt ... I listened to the brains trust ... started using LDM rather than Dex and Brew enhancers ... did a couple with hop additions and tried to manage the temp using damp towels and the the seasons ...  since January I have graduated to temp control and extract recipes with grains, hops and specialty yeasts  ... and the difference is mind boggling ... there is no comparison ...  if you are new to this great hobby get temp control ASAP ... don't do what I did and deliberately wait ... the worst thing is I have had a temp controller since day 1 and did not use it because I did not have a spare fridge because I was too stubborn to buy  one ... I waited till I got one for free and now wish i hadn't waited ...  so newbies as i have learnt ....  get temp control ASAP... 

Yup. Totally agree. Kit and a BE2 with temp control v all grain with no temp control. Ill still back the one with temp control to be a better beer. Unless its a saison yeast 🙂

It is the easiest way to improve your beer if you dont have it.

I've just sorted myself a fridge and controller. My first brew is in. It's one I did before which was well received, a Black Rock pale ale with Citra and Mosaic. A little of each in the mix, then dry hopped with the rest. So will be interesting to see how it turns out this time.

3 minutes ago, Lab Rat said:

I've just sorted myself a fridge and controller. My first brew is in. It's one I did before which was well received, a Black Rock pale ale with Citra and Mosaic. A little of each in the mix, then dry hopped with the rest. So will be interesting to see how it turns out this time.

Oh please keep me updated ... look forward to how you perceive the differences ....

Archived