Coopers Community

STC brew fridge

Lab Cat

First one in. Sitting nicely at 20C. Doing my Tropic-Ale, which went down really well with everyone last time I did it.

Black Rock pale, a 50-50 malt/sugars kg kit, with a bit of cascade in it. Sprinkled some Citra and Mosaic in to steep. US04. Will dry hop with the rest of these (I bought 50g of Citra 100 of Mosaic).

I gave Coopers pale a run with my last brew. Rather average. The same as above but Cascade in place of the Citra. Hardly any flavour, but some aroma. I'm sold on the Black Rock gear now, I've made all my best pales with their kits. My BR Pilsner kit bombed, but brewing without a fridge and with ale yeast, it was bound to disappoint. I drunk it though, it wasn't terrible.

This is going ok. Still pretty hazy after 6 days and with a thick hop krausen. But I did put some hops in the mix. Any point in upping the temp up to 22 for a couple of days, would it clear any?

I'm guessing not, as I've brewed at all sorts of temps without control before, and some beers cleared others didn't

Archived