Coopers Community

House of Malt

ben 10

https://houseofmalt.com.au

House of Malt is a small batch, craft malthouse located in Ballarat, just west of Melbourne. Our goal is to provide unique malt products of the highest quality, that will allow our customers to broaden their options for creating unique beers and spirits.

I bought some of this recently. I have made a lager with their Australian Ale malt. Very keen to see how it turns out. Nicely packaged, came with a spec sheet print out so I could enter details into Beersmith.

Product Quantity Price
Aromatic Malt - 1kg 1 $4.25
Australian Ale Malt - 5kg 1 $16.00
Light Crystal Malt - 1kg 1 $4.25

The above is what I bought and how much i paid, shipping, as always is expensive. Happy to use the little guys.

• 4 weeks later...

so i made a lager with the ale malt, because when i made a pils i had some issues with the flavour, unsure what it was but it seems it was the weyerman pils. i don't like it.

this beer is great, saaz early and late. this malt is so good, really good malty taste kinda like MO, milo like, good colour, great head, really nice swet malt that could take some more hops. would go great with galaxy, some sweet to fight the shit bitterness.

Archived