Coopers Community

Coopers Plans Us Expansion

Tricky

Coopers Plans Us Expansion

Coopers Brewery is planning to double its beer exports to the United States over the next 18 months.

The company now has two people, Terry Miniken and Michael Cameron, working in the US to promote the brand after reaching agreement with American importer, Preiss Imports.

\u201cThe arrangements mean that Coopers effectively has two people on the ground working to develop the Coopers brand in the US, in conjunction with Preiss,\u201d Cooper said. \u201cWe see this as a great opportunity for us and one that will enable Coopers to make strong inroads into the craft beer market, the fastest growing sector of the alcohol market in America.\u201d

Cooper said beer exports globally currently made up about three percent of total sales for Coopers, but anticipated this figure could rise to eight percent within five years.

http://www.theshout.com.au/2009/08/12/a ... WJNFN.html

• 2 years later...

I saw this article recently in the Coopers Newsletter.

Coopers Forms Alliance With U.S. Anchor Brewing 29/08/2011

Coopers Brewery has signed a distribution agreement with leading US craft brewer Anchor Brewing Company, which is expected to increase Coopers\u2019 sales throughout America.

The arrangement may also lead to Coopers importing and distributing the iconic Anchor Steam beer in Australia within the next two or three years.

Coopers Chairman and Marketing Director, Mr Glenn Cooper, said the agreement had been reached during recent discussions in San Francisco with Anchor Brewing\u2019s owners Keith Greggor and Tony Foglio.

I wouldn't mind trying the Anchor Steam Beer. I don't know if I have the patience to wait 3 years though.

Coopers - perhaps you could speed this up a little.

Hairy,

I'd say this can only be news both down under and up in The Great White North.[joyful] This might mean I would see Cooper's a little more regularly.

Anchor Steam Brewing Co. I beleive has recently reached a similar agreement with a Canadian Brewer for cross border shipping.

I have been able to sampled a number of the Anchor Line. All have been tip top.[love] I don't buy a lot of beer these days but when I do it's often an Anchor.

Archived