Coopers Community

Returning beer to Dan Murphy's

joolbag

Hey guys I think i read it on this forum about uncle Dan's treatment of craft beer. Incorrect storage, out of date or near best before beer, etc.

I think I've got one here. Bought a six-pack of Stone & Wood Pacific Ale and the first did not blow me away. I thought my tastes might have changed.

Cracked another bottle tonight and something isn't right. Hop flavour has greatly diminished. Can't find a best before date on the bottle. Typically do brewers time stamp one year from bottling date?

And can I bring back 4 out of 6 pack and get a refund or store credit? I would call this a faulty product according to Australian Consumer Law

I have no idea about that but I remember having a Pacific Ale on tap at the local pub a little while ago that was also rather underwhelming compared to the usual flavour of it. My missus remarked the same thing, and she doesn't drink a lot of beer. Maybe they just had a crappy batch? unsure

Happy to report that Uncle Dan's came through. No receipt, no questions asked. The manager gave me the full credit for the pacific ale. Didn't realise it was so expensive $21.99. On closer inspection I found the best before date 24/11/2017. So 4 months in the bottle, no wonder the Galaxy hop flavour was diminished. I still stand by that it wasn't stored properly given the off flavour I detected

Picked up a six pack of Four Pines Pale Ale, bottled 21/02/2017.

Much better! Happy/hoppy dayz

Archived