Coopers Community

Rules for Hop additions?

John

Paul, that thing you posted here and intend to get put on the site about how to use hops is the ducks nuts!

i copied n pasted it to my desktop!!

you should also consider putting on the site the thing about coopers kit yeast strains that you get asked about every year or so, save you reposting it! (you know that Ac = coopers etc etc thing)

cheers

matt

Is THIS the 'thing' you talk of? (top of the homebrew happenings topics page)

many years ago' date=' yes [pinched']

It had aroma but the hop debris didn't settle out. Try it for yourself it's only one bottle...[biggrin]

Might have to try a couple, just to be sure. It's in the name of science after all! [pouty]

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone

Just made a batch of pale ale using added hops, first time i've done it and was just wondering what's the best way to add the hops after you've boiled/steep? Do you need to strain because I didnt... [pouty] will it have lots of floaty stuff in the final mix?

I dry hopped a batch of real ale with 25g of cascade whole leaf hops and they floated on top of the brew for at least ten days. some dropped but most floated. Next time I'm using a chux cloth or the north American version of a chux... It wasn't that big of a deal other than the clean up was a PITA. I bulk prime and the transfer to the bottling bucket ended up pretty clean.

Archived