Coopers Community

Coopers vintage 2000

Xine74

I got given 2 cartons of vintage about 6 months ago from my brother who bought a deceased estate and found them with a heap of other alcohol in a mocked up cellar under the house... they are a 1998 and 1999 vintage...

all i can say is that they are strong and rough! the hop aroma and flavour is completely gone and they are very sweet... my mate who would happily drink anything of mine (providing its got alcohol and its free) even turns his nose upto them...

i doubt anyone here who enjoys a great beer would want to buy them (if thats what your after) coz i dont reckon they arent worth anymore than the sticker on the bottle is worth...

• 2 months later...

2000 is fairly old, you never know though.

Last year I stopped at a Pt Wakfield pub for a couple of takeaways, no Sparkling so I asked if they had Vintage as a joke, I was surprised when the lady said yes. Will take two thanks, came back with 2009 vintage, took them @ $3.50 each, bargain.

Cracked one down the road and had to turn back to go get what she had left they were that good, ended up with another 13.

Same sort of story at the Booleroo pub this year, 2 cartons of 2012 in storage, how much you want for a slab ? $50 each was the reply, done.

Magnificent drop.

Archived