Coopers Community

The Secret Formula For Making C.P.

Beerlust

Well Lusty, I gotta agree with you about the cat pee (to put it politely). But their advertising in your photo is absolutely BS.

I've read statements from Carlton and XXXX, and some others, who admitted that all beer is basically low carb. If you think about it, we certainly add a lot of carbs to our wort, but by the time the little yeasties have finished, there are very little carbs left. Sure there's plenty of alcohol so plenty of calories, but carbs??

As for the calories statement, well, given the above, a lower alcohol beer should have less calories, but what the hell that's got to do with wine, I ain't got no idea.

Pretty much all advertising hogwash to me. Before I got back into brewing, my favourite tippel was either VB or Carlton Mid. Depended on if I had to drive. Now when I go down to Brisbane every three months and have to drink this stuff, well, it tastes like cat's pee. Just wouldn't want to trust carting my homebrew down on a 3-4 hour drive, at least not the way I drive joyful.

Just can't beat your own homebrew.

Archived