Coopers Community

Coopers Vintage Ale Glasses - Where do you buy them?

megabyte

So I am eagerly awaiting the Coopers 2016 Vintage Ale release (today?) and I found a blog all about it over here. I'd love to get my hands on the coopers vintage ale glasses for sampling these beers (hopefully they don't break as easily as my Spiegelau Tulips did).

Coopers_Vintage_2016_04.jpg

Maybe I suck at the internets, but I can't seem to find them in the Coopers store.

Any advice where I can find them? My search on this forum yielded no results so far.

Welcome to the forum Megabyte!

I tasted the 2016 last Friday. It shows promise as an ale that should develop nicely over the months/years. cool

Coopers use the ESVA logo glasses for promotional ESVA events but they are not offered for sale.

I'll pass your suggestion to the online store.

I won a box of six of these glasses a few years back in a Coopers comp. I broke my first one today. 9 month old son knocked it off the coffee table. Devastated. So now I'm down to 5.

And yes, they are much thicker and stronger than the Spiegelau glasses.

+1

Every year I kindly ask Coopers the question about whether these glasses will be made available to purchase but no luck to this point. I've been cellaring ESVA every year since 2010 as well as making the DIY Recipe of the Month Vintages so let's just say there are a few bottles in my garage!

I was told that they are reluctant to sell these through the retail shop as they are very susceptible to breakage during shipment. Maybe it would work better if they were sold through the usual wholesale channels? I would definitely buy a (few) ESVA beer/glass combo packs from Dan's or wherever in addition to my usual purchase. When those kind of things pop up around Christmas time they make great gifts, obviously the timing doesn't work with it being a winter release but I'm sure they would still sell very well at this time of year.

Archived