Coopers Community

copper sanitiser - tiny flakes

AbbeyBeer

Do you mean Coopers sanitiser? It's sodium percarbonate, so I'd imagine these flakes you mention are probably nothing more than soda ash (sodium carbonate). Sodium percarbonate breaks down into water, oxygen and soda ash. I wouldn't be scraping things off your fermenter with sharp objects, this will only scratch the plastic, which will make nice little hidey holes for bacteria and other infection causing bad guys to nest in.

If you actually meant copper sanitiser then I have no idea what that is. Copper Tun brand? unsure If so it's exactly the same stuff.

Do you mean Coopers sanitiser? It's sodium percarbonate' date=' so I'd imagine these flakes you mention are probably nothing more than soda ash (sodium carbonate). Sodium percarbonate breaks down into water, oxygen and soda ash. I wouldn't be scraping things off your fermenter with sharp objects, this will only scratch the plastic, which will make nice little hidey holes for bacteria and other infection causing bad guys to nest in.

If you actually meant copper sanitiser then I have no idea what that is. Copper Tun brand? [img']unsure[/img] If so it's exactly the same stuff.

Thanks, yes I meant to say coopers sanitiser typing error. lol

Archived