Coopers Community

Where to now?

TimD1525228520

Paul and gents,

I ended up mixing a CPA on Sunday lunchtime following the 1.7 kg CPA, 500g LDME and 250gm Dex recipe as described in the recipe resource area.

The enclosed yeast was pitched at about 26-27deg which is a little on the high side. Sunday was 35 deg here in sydney and even with three trays of ice couldn't bring the temp down lower and wanted to pitch the yeast ASAP as suggested in the directions.

I have been trying to lower the temp of the vessle for the past 24 hours in a larger container with bottles of frozen water. Have since been able to drop the temp down to 22deg for the last 20 orso hours.

As at Tues 6pm (approx 54 hour ferment...quick aye) drawn off a vial and popped in the hydrometer for a SG of around 1.010. OG was 1.030.

What are my options considering the SG has dropped to perhaps near FG in such a short period? Should i continue to chill the vessle and hope for further fermentation at the lower temp or will i ust bottle up once the SG stabilises? It tastes OK...the standard fruity notes of CPA and a slight bitterness that is not unpleasant?

Steps to rectify in future...less hot water (if any at all) when mixing the wort on a hot day. Cold water from Le Fridge perhaps

Appreciate any input from the lads

Tim

Archived