Coopers Community

Pacific Summer Ale

davids47

I ended up making this ale and its finished fermenting in around 5 days , i put the dry hops in 2 tea strainers on day 4 ,how long do i leave them in before i bottle ,this beer is very cloudy do i leave it with hops in, to settle out more ,,or bottle as it is, thy say it is a cloudy beer

what rate of sugar to bulk prime the 23l i never remember

thanks

I ended up making this ale and its finished fermenting in around 5 days ' date=' i put the dry hops in 2 tea strainers on day 4 ,how long do i leave them in before i bottle ,this beer is very cloudy do i leave it with hops in, to settle out more ,,or bottle as it is, thy say it is a cloudy beer

what rate of sugar to bulk prime the 23l i never remember

thanks[/quote']

Just because it finished fermenting doesn't mean you should bottle it .. as people a lot more knowledgeable than me have pointed out , the beer will continue to improve after that as the yeast eats a lot of undesireable flavours that are still left.

Maybe next time, leave it alone for 2 weeks, then test (it will be well finished by then) , dry hop for a few more days and if possible, get it as cold as you can (i get mine to 1-2 degrees c) for a few more days then bottle. It will be much clearer and the taste will be a lot better too biggrin

• 2 weeks later...

well i did bottled it was a bit scared to leave it to long with temps starting to rice again ,, so bulked primed at 8g per lt and its now about a week in bottle , i must say that the yeast that thy say to use really gets in and does its job

carbonation is very good head is snow white and really nice mouth feel , got to be drunk very cold , i think this will be a very nice beer after week or so

Archived