Coopers Community

Beer & Brewer Australia Magazine

Tricky

I was just given a copy of Beer & Brewer Australia magazine. It has just been released on the market. What a great magazine!

If you have'nt seen it yet, have a look at your newsagent.

There are lots of beer articles, beer reviews, interviews and some home brewing info.

There are even '10 commandments of homebrewing' by our very own Paul Burge!

www.beerandbrewer.com

Agreed, sounds good (haven't read it yet though).

Some goon needs to do some maths though.

$6.95 per issue, four issues per year = $27.80

1 Year subscription (4 issues) = $31.95

Kind of defeats the purpose of subscription doesn't it?

.. and wholesale price of it is way lower than $6.95 per issue (dad's a newsagent and he has a copy waiting for me in Adelaide) so they obviously have missed something with their calculations. Typically, subscriptions to magazines make the per-issue equivalent price a hell of a lot cheaper - even after factoring in postage. I'd expect ~$22 per year or something similar ($4.50 per issue, $4 for postage - maybe a tad more).

cya,

Kieran

I've just had a look at the website and compared it to the magazine. In the magazine the subscription rates are $26.18 for one year and $49.00 for two years.

While the content is great, here are a number of spelling and other errors in the magazine. The $26.18 subscription price is advertised as being a saving of 25%. This would make a full year\u2019s issues worth $34.90, but as you pointed out it would only cost $27.80 to buy at the newsagent.

Still it is a good beginning, and I assume that these minor hitches will be sorted out before the next issue.

I'm sure Paul knows more about the magazine than any of us, but I don't know if he is allowed to comment in this forum.

I have sent an e-mail to them with a list of errors. Starting with the clanger on page 3 - I work in the Brewing Products Department but I certainly don't head up the show!! They say there will not be the same problem with errors in the next issue.

As for the cost - suggest you contact them and point out the anomally. It may well be just another error...

Thanks for letting me know about the mag, I've found it quite entertaining especially if ya dismiss the teething problems.

I hope they can keep coming up with original and entertaining articles, possibly expanding the home brew section.

p.s. the missus reckons I'm now spending a unhealthy amount of time in the library (especially sunday morning)

Archived