Coopers Community

Extract Hefeweizen recipes

Nightmaerz

Hi Guys

I started brewing at the start of the year and must say I am having a ball! Just been ticking off the basic recipes Coopers has to offer but now was starting to get the urge to play just a little, was wondering if anyone has some easy German style Hefeweizen Extract Brewing Recipes they can share, something with maybe addition of hops or grain (if needed) as I think I've found my favorite beer!

Thanks in advance.

Hey mate, I made a blackberry hef last month and am currently waiting for it to carb up in the bottle. This was the recipe:

3.0 kg Bavarian Wheat liquid malt

500 g Light Munich (mashed)

10 g Bramling Cross @ 60 min

20 g Bramling Cross @ 10 min

Mangrove Jacks Bavarian Wheat Yeast.

21 litre batch.

Once the brew was finished I racked it onto 2 kg of frozen black berries for a week & a half but this isn't mandatory for the recipe. If I was going to make it again I would use Fermentis WB-06 yeast instead of the Mangrove Jacks. Here's another recipe from my LHBS which looks pretty good too:

2kg Liquid Wheat Malt Extract

1kg Liquid Light Malt Extract

250g Carapils (steep)

25g Tettnanger (4.8% AA) – 60min boil

Fermentis WB-06

23 lt batch.

I hope this helps.

Cheers + beers,

Mark

Here's another recipe from my LHBS which looks pretty good too:

2kg Liquid Wheat Malt Extract

1kg Liquid Light Malt Extract

250g Carapils (steep)

25g Tettnanger (4.8% AA) – 60min boil

Fermentis WB-06

23 lt batch.

I hope this helps.

Cheers + beers' date='

Mark[/quote']

Hefe recipes are fairly simple, as you see, and the recipe Mark listed is pretty good.

If I was brewing this, I would use 3kg liquid wheat malt and scrap the light malt. Most wheat malt extracts tend to be around 50/50 wheat and barley and is a good mix for a hefeweizen.

Archived