Coopers Community

strong vintage ale

burky from SA

The latest Extra Strong Vintage Ale is the 2006 and it is usually made every two years (1999 was the exception) - if things look like being different this year we will let you know well in advance of its release for sale.

• 4 weeks later...

G'day to you all.

That ^ would be wonderful news.

I wonder if those of us here in New Jersey who enjoy it will see a price break? Or if the price will go up even higher?

I'm waaaay too embarrassed to admit what I must pay, here, for Coopers. The Extra Strong Vintage Ale is nearly double the price I must pay for Best Extra Stout, Lager, or Sparkling Ale.

• 3 months later...

I presume this 7.5% amber fluid is still making it's way out to the colonial outposts.

Having lost an annual bet to a mate on the outcome of the State Of Origin rugby league this year (once again) with the stakes being a carton of the latest available ESVA (if still in stock), my cane toad loving compadre, whilst still appreciative of the 2006 brew, was hoping for the most current recently rolled off the production line in limited quantities of the 2007 ESVA - sadly, these as yet seem to be unavailable in my part of metropolitan NSW.

Personally, I'm hanging out for a carton of the stuff and will place a 6-pack alongside the 2006 version for later savouring on a cold winter's night in a galaxy far far away......

So, has anyone come across the 2007 ESVA in NSW stockists as yet?? Please advise where.

Scored myself a case each of the 1999 and 2000 vintage for the same price as this years batch. Mates are disgusted that i opened the 99 and drank a bottle rather than flogging it off on ebay for 100s.

Its has changed dramatically as reported by Coopers recently ina press release. Very port like with mild oxidation. Its still a big beer but not the malty beast it started off as.

As for the Saaz in the current batch, i couldnt find any.

Archived