Coopers Community

Problems getting LDM from KMart

delgesu

I've been excited about making the new English Bitter for the last month and I'm trying to get 500g of LDM so I can give it a go. Every time I get to Katoomba KMart check-out with my packet of malt (which is there on the shelf) they tell me they can't sell it to me! This has happened three times now over the last 2-3 weeks. Today I spoke to the supervisor and she said it comes up as having been recalled.

Paul... is there any problem with this that you know of, or is it just some glitch in the KMart computer system.

Actually that was me posting a few weeks ago when it first happened. :oops:

I'm not trying to start a panic-buying run on LDM... just trying to work out why I can't seem to be able to buy any at my local shop!

Thanks TM - Coles is right next door but they have much less range. BE1 and BE2 but no LDM. Looks like I might need to take a drive down the mountains to Faulconbridge and support my not-quite-local home brew shop!

A batch of Light Dry Malt was packaged under-weight. I am told that it was sent to Coles and K Mart stores (they share distribution warehouses).

Once the problem was discovered, it was withdrawn from shelves. It can take a little time for the "supply pipeline" to be re-filled.

Ah... thanks Paul. That explains it. I will have to be patient.

But I haven't been idly sitting on my hands... in the meantime I've made up the previous bitter and I've got a pale ale on the go now.

Cheers

I find my local Big W is the best for my home brew basics (Caps etc.) but I find that while the shelves usually look full they are actually just the same product spaced out to fill the gaps. For example, the spots for LDM, BE1 & BE2 will be filled with brewing sugar.

I really wish they stocked the Brewmaster & Premium Selections as my regular brews are from these lines (Sparkling Ale being my regular drop).

Archived