Coopers Community

mexican brew

Ron L

hey ron,

malt either dry or in liquid form gives "body" and "mouthfeel' and "head" to a brew.

malts also add flavour to your beer, were as maltodextrin which is corn powder i think and is found in brew enhancer one and brewing sugar does not add flavour at all just body n helps the head i think.

it does this because it does not FERMENT OUT COMPLETELY , were as simple sugars will!

try here mate DR TIM COOPER explains it alittle better at this page of website:

http://www.coopers.com.au/homebrew/hbrew.php?pid=7

anymore questions come back n paul from coopers will help ya!

cheers

matt

Nice job Thirsty!

Brewing Sugar has its place and there is certainly nothing wrong with using it in your brews.

One great thing about using Light Dry Malt, at least for my sense of taste - the brew tends to be drinkable earlier. :wink:

Does this mean that using the dry light malt you do not have to put sugar in as recipe says, because my brew is not bubbling as much as with normal sugar brew

Cheers Ron L :?:

Hi Ron,

The yeast really chow down quickly on the simple sugars cause it's easy for them.

The yeast need a bit longer (but not much) for all malt brews to condition themselves for consuming the more complex sugars.

Because your brew isn't bubbling as much could be a number of things.

Maybe the temperature is a bit lower than normal?

Your lid might have a small leak?

The yeast isn't as healthy maybe?

I wouldn't worry, just trust your hydrometer.

Good advice, Luke!

Ron,

just noticed that you were asking this question in relation to a "Mexican Brew". Assuming it's the "Aztec Gold" recipe. This is intended to be a mid-strength brew with reasonable mouthfeel, flavour but soft bitterness. However, there is nothing to stop you from trying it with 1/2 kg of Brewing Sugar instead. :)

Thank you very much everyone you have been more than helpfull

At the moment the brew isnt doing a great deal compared to the other normal brews that i have made i only put it down last sat so i will give it a couple of more days and test it

Cheers

RonL

Archived