Coopers Community

How do you remove labels off old bottles ???

Mills & Brew

I simply soak the bottles in some warm water with a drop of detergent. Then anything that doesn\u2019t come away easily will come off with a plastic scouring pad. Some stubbies use self-adhesive labels that come off if you pour hot water into the bottle. Just a warning to pour the water in very slowly at first until the glass warms or it may crack.

Hi Guys

I use Brew Craft no rinse Steralizer(Sorry Coopers).So after I have done my bottles ready for a brew I put any new bottles in the left over mix to soak over night and I find most labels will float off. Any left over glue just rubs off with your hands.

Hi Guys

I use Brew Craft no rinse Steralizer(Sorry Coopers).So after I have done my bottles ready for a brew I put any new bottles in the left over mix to soak over night and I find most labels will float off. Any left over glue jt rubs off with your hands.

Yeah, soak in any type of bottle washing detergent and you can't go wrong. Good idea to do your bottles in this a couple of times a year, gets rid of all the brown gunk in the bottles.

• 3 weeks later...

All you gotta do is soak your bottle in water for a day.

Pull them out & rip the lable off.

Use the lable to scrub the lable & goo off the bottle. Scrub the goo too.

Rinse with hot water. Then rinse inside the bottle with 'HOT' water.

Drain & dry

Store

Prep by rinseing with hot water.

Fill with homebrew.

Washing bottles is a bugger, but you will get the bestist head on your brew.

Conditioning = clean \xf7 glass bottles X time :wink:

Archived