Coopers Community

Happy St Patrick's Day!!

PB2

Not a bad day so far:-

Golf in the morning (2 pales on course and a couple in the clubhouse) - played 3 better than handicap,

A light lunch at home with a glass of red,

A few chores around the house including mowing the lawn,

Sitting back with a Wexford Irish Cream Ale - 473ml can with widget, very smooth, low carb, malty and creamy head.

Too be sure, too be sure!!

The Quiet Man, Racecourse Road, Flemington Melb for a lunch. Irish Pork Bangers & Mash, with Onion Gravy for lunch.. absolutely bloody awesome tucker! Followed up by 7 Pints of Guinness, and a Pint of Bullmers to wash it down. Bullmer's is the Irish-brewed cider the Irish drink.

Then we buggered off before all the yobs got there, about 4pm. On leaving, their drive through had Coopers Pale Ale cartons for $39, so I grabbed one and threw it on my shoulder and wandered off a happy man. 4 Irish Pork Sausages, Mash, Onion, Gravy with 8 pints in 3.5 hours is a bit filling, so I chilled out after that, once I got home.

The Quiet Man has Coopers Pale & Sparkling on Tap as well, but this was St. Patrick's day and, although the Guinness we were drinking was brewed here, at least the soured Guinness 'special ingredient' was brewed in Ireland.

I recommend this pub, the food is fantastic, and the entertainment is always top class. They have a lot of touring Irish entertainers there on a regular basis, and if the Guinness isn't for you, the Cooper's on tap sure should be!

cheers,

Kieran

Yes Kieran, I have no doubt you do, I am having withdrawl symptoms since the quack convinced me to cut my alcohol consumption to give my liver a chance of survival, but even in my prime I reckon 7 pints of Guinness would very nearly have put me in the Yob class, even though I was quite alcohol tolerant! :wink:

Could be...........although all of my grandparents were long livers...get it long livers?................. :lol: :lol: yeah well they all lived into their 90's but I am not sure that they were big drinkers :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

Most of mine died at 76 (3/4, one is still kicking on).. So I'm stuffed, I'll be dead in just over 35 years.

I'd better get brewing, if I'm to perfect the art before I die!!!

:wink: :wink:

Archived