Coopers Community

Coopers vs Canadian Club

Beerlust

Hi guys.

I stumbled on an article describing a little bit of advertising banter between the ad agencies that represent our very own Coopers, & another ad agency that represents Canadian Club whiskey.

There is some billboard advertising on top of a couple buildings (pubs I think?) directly opposite one another, on one of the main streets in the Adelaide CBD.

The witty & humorous advertising banter began when the Canadian Club ad agency erected the following billboard up directly across the street from the Coopers billboard (there at the time)...

CoopersCC_0993C840-4D96-11E3-A1FE005056A302E6.jpg?source=%2Fimages%2FdmImage%2FSourceImage%2FCoopersCC%2Ejpg

To which Coopers responded by changing it's billboard with the following witty retort... Haha!

Coopers_1E6B79C0-4D96-11E3-A1FE005056A302E6.jpg?source=%2Fimages%2FdmImage%2FSourceImage%2FCoopers%2Ejpg

The Canadian Club guys then changed their billboard to this...

Coopers2_C1304620-555E-11E3-9576005056A302E6.jpg?source=%2Fimages%2FdmImage%2FSourceImage%2FCoopers2%2Ejpg

A wider shot of the two billboards...

CoopersWide_32CBD860-4D96-11E3-A1FE005056A302E6.jpg?source=%2Fimages%2FdmImage%2FSourceImage%2FCoopersWide%2Ejpg

This all took place back in mid to late Novemeber last year (aparently).

Funny stuff! :D

Cheers,

Anthony.

Hey Lusty

Are these the same blokes who reckon a beer fairy dies every time you drink one of theirs? In the next frame they depict beer fairies as balding middle aged men with wide midriffs. All the while the young beauties are knocking back copious amounts of Bourbon and Cola all the while maintaining perfect shape and form. The next night I saw the same beauties in another ad devouring mega boxes of KFC and still looking trim and taut.

38u7.png

Archived