Coopers Community

Coopers Extra Strength Vintage Ale 2008

Matiz01

I stopped at a country pub the other day and asked for a Sparkling Ale.

Were out of stock.

So asked for a Vintage and they lady bought out an 09 bottle.

I bought 2 for the road.

Got half way down the street and cracked one.

Before I left the pub she told me she had 10 more out the back.

I had to turn around and grab the other 10 it tasted so good.

My favourite Vintages were 06 and 07.

If anyone has any of these id love to take them of your hands.

Bit cheeky first post but they were fantastic.

I reckon that 08 brew would be just fine to drink.

Coincidently' date=' having an ESVA (2013) today - this is the DIY Beer version. At 6mths old, it's drinking beautifully!![/quote']

I finished late from work the other night, & was looking through the beer fridges for something a little out of my norm to drink. With my Terminator-like filtering system on high scanning mode, I spotted the commercial CVA, I didn't hesitate to grab one. No roadie was it though. These days, I always wait to pour it into a glass. Yummo!

Let's just say, that this little meeting of sorts caused me to open a longneck of my lower ABV & hop altered version of the 2013 recipe, that is now a little over 3 months old. Yummo! This stuff is so addictive! The sherry/toffee-like tones are just starting to appear more noticeable in my version at this point of conditioning/aging, & the more hoppier notes are starting to drop off somewhat.

At one point in my life, I did consider giving up drinking. But while I am capable of either brewing the Vintage Ale recipe, or buying it, this once serious idea of giving up drinking, now has very little chance of ever happening. wink

Hehe. biggrin

Cheers,

Anthony.

Archived