1.7kg Coopers Canadian Blonde Kit

1.5kg Coopers Light Malt Extract

300g Lavender Honey

100g Carapils

100g Crystal Malt

Safale US05 yeast

Summer Saaz Hops and Cluster Hops at @15 min

Fermentation at 16.5C

I'm experimenting with the Lavender Honey. I couldn't find any strawberry clover based ones at the farmers market recently, so I decided just to go for the Lavender.

Let me know your thoughts

Adz

Hi Adz,

I've made a few Can. Blonde honey brews in the passed. I gotta' say they've turned out well. If I remember right it was:

Toucan Can. Blonde

500g honey

Cascade dry hop

I have to say your recipe look a lot nicer than mine.

I haven't used Lavander honey before but why not. Will it smell like soap? Probably not. At 300g I'd say it would be nice.

BTW, When I first started off using honey in my brews I'd throw it into the boil. Now days I mix it in to the wort at Flame out. This is supposed to enhance the honey aroma. Having said all that if you are looking for real honey flavours and aroma you should look into Honey Malt.

Having said all that if you are looking for real honey flavours and aroma you should look into Honey Malt.

I don't think honey malt is available in Australia. There has been recent discussion about it on the 'other' forum.

Having said all that if you are looking for real honey flavours and aroma you should look into Honey Malt.

I don't think honey malt is available in Australia. There has been recent discussion about it on the 'other' forum.

Ooooh. Too bad![roll]

+1 Canada[biggrin]

EDIT: Checkthis out from "another" forum.

Hey Adz

How did you go with this recipe? I've just loaded up a keg of Blonde Clover that's been in the keg for ages, 13.7 weeks to be exact.

I used 500g of clover honey and while I can taste it the honey is not overpowering. This was straight kit & kilo too, so it will be interesting to see how yours turns out with 300g.

As for the beer, I must admit it is easy to detect the honey tones, you don't need to use your imagination at all. I have only had one but I doubt it will make my top five, while it is the best Blonde Kit that I have done I still prefer APA and IPA (hops).

Hey Scottie

It went great I put it together on Tuesday night. It smelled wonderful! I'll be keeping it in the FV for 15 days at least, then bottling. At first test I'll post about it.

Archived