Coopers Community

Polish Lublin

RussellB5

Ive never used the Kit & Extract Designer before but had a go anyway

how does this sound for a good Baltic Porter - one downside is it wouldnt be cheep

2.5kg LDME

1.0kg DDME

0.2kg Choc Malt

0.4kg Brown Sugar

to 21 litres

15g Galaxy @ 45min

15g Polish Lublin (3.8) @ 20min

15g Polish Lublin (3.8) @ 10min

Dry hop 15g Polish Lublin @ day 4

OG 1072

FG 1016

Any comments?

is there a kit that could be used to make up some of the fermetables and makeit a bit more cost effective

Cheers

I am a firm believer in give it a go. It surely won't be bad.

I have only made one brew I really didn't like and it didn't use a can. I thought it was just not bitter enough so I just start with a can of something now even if it's wrong.[wink]

The IBUs are at the low end when I plugged this in but you may want that.

It took me a bit to find this but if you click the style tabs at the bottom and then hover on a style it will pop up the characteristics of it. This one says caramel and toffee, you could try using a caramalt can but it's not going to cut the cost. The main thing is to enjoy making it! Oh, and drinking it!

I'll be interested to hear how you go with Galaxy as the bittering hop in this one.

Even though it is a bittering addition, this hop has an overpowering taste to it.

Perhaps if you really wanted the late additions of Lublin to shine through then you could use a more neutral bittering hop.

Then again, it might be good.

I'll be interested to hear how you go with Galaxy as the bittering hop in this one.

Even though it is a bittering addition, this hop has an overpowering taste to it.

Perhaps if you really wanted the late additions of Lublin to shine through then you could use a more neutral bittering hop.

Then again, it might be good.

I've used Galaxy and even Citra for bittering additions in styles that didn't call for hops like that and it's been fine. However, I must point out that my palette does not notice subtle flavours. [lol]

There is further proof that I talk out of my ass [biggrin]

Not at all Hairy. Apparently many people can notice a difference in flavour from their bittering addition. However, those of us who smoked 40 a day for ten years have a bit of trouble picking up subtle tastes/smells. Envy those that can. I would probably brew more English beers. [lol]

Archived