Coopers Community

Pumpkin Ale

I didn't mind the Gage Roads pumpkin ale. The body of the beer could be beefed up a little but the flavour was nice.

I haven't brewed a pumpkin ale but there are a few threads on here about them. Try the search function down the bottom and see what comes up.

And welcome to the forum!

I have tried the Saranac. I much prefer the body of that one but thought it lacked flavour. I think it needed more spices.

I still drank it though [biggrin]

Edit: the Saranac pumpkin ale I tried was brewed by Matt Brewing Co in NY. Not sure if we are talking about the same beer. I found it medium bodied but not thick as.

Edit: the Saranac pumpkin ale I tried was brewed by Matt Brewing Co in NY. Not sure if we are talking about the same beer. I found it medium bodied but not thick as.

Yeah Hairy

That's the one, put my glasses on and rechecked the label. To me it's very thick, for an Ale, so I hope I don't come across one that is as thick as...[lol] .. The Missus bought it , I told her she can have the rest [rightful]

Roland, welcome to the forum.

Sorry, I haven't tried a pumpkin ale nor tried to brew one.

An interesting user name you go by. Your interpretation of the initials must be different to mine as I can't see it being a waste. [crying] [cool]

Archived