Coopers Community

Toucan Stout

harviek

Went to the LHBS and was after an Original Cooper's Stout to make a Cooper's Best Extra Stout recipe as per the recipe here. the LHBS didn't/doesn't carry the "Original" series line only the TC line. So I bought the ingredients as stated [using the TC Stout instead].

Once I returned home I found another recipe by PB2 for the Best Extra Stout using a Toucan of OS Stout, a Dark Ale and 1KG Dex.So wish I'd done a little more surfing of the Cooper's forum 1st.

So I was thinking of this as a Toucan recipe, what are your thoughts?

1 can TC Irish stout

1 can Dark ale

1 can Liquid Dark Malt Extract

0.5KG dex

expected OG 1084 FG 1020

Went to the LHBS and was after an Original Cooper's Stout to make a Cooper's Best Extra Stout recipe as per the recipe here. the LHBS didn't/doesn't carry the "Original" series line only the TC line. So I bought the ingredients as stated [using the TC Stout instead].

Once I returned home I found another recipe by PB2 for the Best Extra Stout using a Toucan of OS Stout, a Dark Ale and 1KG Dex.So wish I'd done a little more surfing of the Cooper's forum 1st.

So I was thinking of this as a Toucan recipe, what are your thoughts?

1 can TC Irish stout

1 can Dark ale

1 can Liquid Dark Malt Extract

0.5KG dex

expected OG 1084 FG 1020

Id just do the traditional toucan....

1 Dark Ale

1 Stout

1kg Dextrose

Both kit yeast

Bottle then put away until next winter [love]

I generally wouldn't suggest 1kg dextrose. However, this recipe needs it in my opinion.

Archived