Coopers Community

Need advice on Munich Lager

PatrickP3

Hi guys!

I have just tasted my fully fermented Lager and it tasted like XXXX gold but a bit watery, I have decided to keep it around for party reasons but all that aside.

I am about to brew up either a Munich Lager or a Dark Ale. I need advice on what i should do and what i should put in it at the moment my brew supplys include:

2.5kg of dextrose

1kg light dry malt

Japanese Blonde Malt

i was thinking trying the Munich Lager with 1kg LDM, 500g Dex, and the blonde malt (its a rice malt). Do you guys think it will work?

Hi guys!

I have just tasted my fully fermented Lager and it tasted like XXXX gold but a bit watery, I have decided to keep it around for party reasons but all that aside.

I am about to brew up either a Munich Lager or a Dark Ale. I need advice on what i should do and what i should put in it at the moment my brew supplys include:

2.5kg of dextrose

1kg light dry malt

Japanese Blonde Malt

i was thinking trying the Munich Lager with 1kg LDM, 500g Dex, and the blonde malt (its a rice malt). Do you guys think it will work?

I would use 0.5-1kg (depending on Alc%/body etc you were after) of dex and all of the rice malt.

Plenty of forum members will say that is too much dex, but with the right yeast (what are you using?) at the right temps it will be good.

Let us know how you go!

XXXX gold but a bit watery? Sounds like water down water! Give it some time it the bottle before condemning it.

Archived