Coopers Community

Anyone bother printing lables for their home brew?

Sunny Coast Brewer

Yes, I've found that the adhesive lables never come off. And I mean NEVER!

I haven't had a problem with the ink running though. I've got a HP printer & they've got pretty good quality ink in them.

I might try your idea of the glue stick though.

Someone once mentioned to me a mixture of flour and water, or milk, and it made some type of easily removable glue. I think they used to make it up for kids to use at pre-school.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only "nutcase" that make his own labels. Has Coopers ever thought about running a comp for the most original labels? How do we go with copyright if we decide to use any images from the Coopers website??? :lol:

We may have run a competition about 8 or 9 years ago?? (Before my time.)

A number of prominent Home Brew clubs run a label competition as a part of their annual competition.

We would have issue with the use of Coopers images if your were to sell the item or promote in a commercial manner.

• 3 months later...

So far it has worked very well with the plastic bottles. The bottles are flexible and the other glues that I tried fell off after a while.

I have been using coloured paper in the photocopier.

They look like this...

BitterAndTwisted.gif

The labels come off very easily, once I wet them and leave them wet for a few minutes.

By the way, it was my wife's idea to call the beer Bitter and Twisted.

She reckons it suits me!?

I've tried the glue stick but I've found the Laser/Inkjet/Copier labels the best. A little expensive but well worth it if you have a good printer and a lot of imagination. I usually buy the 8 per sheet labels (L7165). The are about the same size as most commercial labels and they don't look too small for those new Cooper long neck bottles.

Archived