Coopers Community

Calling all Stout Men

weggl

Tried Tony\u2019s Milk Stout (at 2 weeks) last night is good. I made it 25L do not like drinking it from a spoon. It will be A1 in a couple of months.

I had one glass last night and tonight I had the other glass. Tried it with some instant coffee in the glass, I put in about 1/6 of a tee spoon, to much!

Was reading where Tony said some bloke put 1 t-spoon per bottle. I reckon the amount I put in 1/2 bottle would be too much for I bottle. The stuff I used was Nescafe Gold I think for 1/2 bottle a couple of grains would have been adequate.

Tested my Stouter Stout at 3 weeks, was good but I think the Milk Stout will be better.

Anybody tried the Coopers Selection Irish Stout? The reason I ask is because the kids want to buy me a Xmass present, as I need nothing I gave them a list of Coopers cans I can\u2019t get from Big W and in the order is an Irish Stout can, so I need to know what to do with it, or is it ok as per the recommendations?

I have 2 bottles of the stout put away and i will drink them on holidays in March, they should be real good by then.

Lady at the homebrew shop gave me a sample of liqorice powder to try but i still have 3/4 bottle of the essence, so i need to hook into some black beers. I am going to do another stout soon and get it away for winter drinking, trouble is i tend to drink most of my beer too quickly, except for the 2 bottles i stash from each batch.

I am working on some evil stout recipes at the moment. [devil]

Tomorrow ill be doing a toucan stout

1 can of coopers stout

1 can of coopers dark ale and using both packet yeasts

The spreadsheet came out with an IBU of 70.6

Ill add some grain and lactose, will this be too bitter?

From what ive seen it might be ok being a stout?

Cheers Steve

Anybody tried the Coopers Selection Irish Stout? The reason I ask is because the kids want to buy me a Xmass present, as I need nothing I gave them a list of Coopers cans I can\u2019t get from Big W and in the order is an Irish Stout can, so I need to know what to do with it, or is it ok as per the recommendations?

I've done it once. I used the kit, a can (1.5kg) of light malt extract and steeped 80g roasted barley. Made it up to 23 litres. I also primed it really low and used the syringe trick to give it a thick head. It was a bloody fantastic beer.

I've done a toucan stout twice now, the first time without grains and the second time with some grains. The sweetness of the crystal grains seemed to smooth out the bitterness pretty well. Either way the bitterness certainly isn't out of place in this style of beer.

Tomorrow ill be doing a toucan stout

1 can of coopers stout

1 can of coopers dark ale and using both packet yeasts

From what ive seen it might be ok being a stout?

Cheers Steve

A lot of people like the following:

1 x Dark Ale

1 x Stout

1kg Dextrose

Both kit yeast.

A lot of people like the following:

1 x Dark Ale

1 x Stout

1kg Dextrose

Both kit yeast.

Bill Ive done this stout twice before but didnt get it quite right, now while in my crazed homebrewing comeback Im going to add a lot of extras[devil]

It will probally be too strong, sweet and bitter all at the same time.

So I will go with something like

1 x Stout

1 x Dark Ale

1kg Dextrose

500g chocolate grain steeped

500g caramalt steeped

200g lactose

Both kit yeasts made to 23 litres then prime with only one carb drop.

Think the speadsheet said 8% ABV, 70 IBU and dark as all hell.

Cant remember the FG but it would be pretty hearty and low on carb one would expect.

Cheers for the help guys

Archived