Coopers Community

Coopers Sparkling Ale

Dutchmen

I have rescently bottled/opened/tasted a brew I placed down, "Coopers Sparkling Ale" tastes great.46L brew I used 2 X Coopers Sparkling Ale tins, Coopers light malt extract 1.5kg tin, 1kg Light dry malt. Is there any recomendations on recipes to improve taste and head retention???[bandit] [bandit]

Hey Owen

I've got Dr Smurto's Golden Ale in my sights. His kit recipe uses Coopers Sparkling Ale, all Amarillo hop additions, and his original posting way back when said it was very close to a James Squire Golden Ale. [tongue] An updated recipe also includes 250g of medium crystal, which I think helps with body and head retention.

Cheers

Scott

I have rescently bottled/opened/tasted a brew I placed down' date=' "Coopers Sparkling Ale" tastes great.46L brew I used 2 X Coopers Sparkling Ale tins, Coopers light malt extract 1.5kg tin, 1kg Light dry malt. Is there any recomendations on recipes to improve taste and head retention???[bandit'] [bandit]

Time. Had one in the bottle now for two months and just keeps getting better and better.[love]

[alien]

I have rescently bottled/opened/tasted a brew I placed down' date=' "Coopers Sparkling Ale" tastes great.46L brew I used 2 X Coopers Sparkling Ale tins, Coopers light malt extract 1.5kg tin, 1kg Light dry malt. Is there any recomendations on recipes to improve taste and head retention???[bandit'] [bandit]

Time. Had one in the bottle now for two months and just keeps getting better and better.[love]

have used the coopers diy kit only twice,to make lager and Irish Ale, tastes great.. any tricks to making sparkling ale , my favorite commmercial beer ?? how long for first and second fermentation, did u ise carbonation drops ??

Hey Owen

.....includes 250g of medium crystal, which I think helps with body and head retention.

+1

this will add some body and help with the head retention. I wouldn't add anymore than 250g though.

I would also do what Hairy suggested.... i.e. reculture the yeast

Welcome to the forum Gary & Andrew.

Andrew - if you want to get as close as possible to the commercial version of the Sparkling Ale then the trick is to use recultured Coopers yeast.

Here is a link to how to do that:

Reactivating Coopers Commercial Yeast

Absolutely. Reculturing yeast is dead easy as well, I do it for most of the Coopers kits now. Well worth it.

Archived